Friday, November 23, 2007

It's the NHS at it's best, again, but not as we know it Jim !

My dear Ann was still suffering this damned infection last week ,,, it still had her in it's hold ,,,

The Doc. thought it had either migrated from her chest ( for it is definitely clear there he says !) to her kidney ,,( or of course it could be another fresh, new infection ,.,. after all, her immune system has been rocked to it's foundations over the past few months ,, fighting on all fronts ,, )
Mine too :)
After taking her urine sample to the Doc's at 8-30am ( me that is ,, I get all the good jobs to do !) she decided she was going back to bed to sleep 'till noon so I should go play golf ,,, she said !

She had slept ok the night before ,, no hots, sweats, or anything ,, so I decided I would ,.,.
However the funny part of this tale is not my performance on the golf course ,,,
Phyllis, the heavily pregnant daughter, had offered a sample bottle for the said urine ,,, since she had plenty of these little pregnancy test recepticles at home ; save me the trip to the Doc's to pick one up ,,,
SO, when I handed it in at the Doc's reception I naturally explained where I had got the bottle ,,,, with the white lid, ( for pregnant women's urine apparently ) instead of the normal ( non pregnant everybody else's urine ) red lid !!

Ipsofacto, because Doctor's receptionists are not the brightest of people, well not at 8-30am anyway ,,, this poor wee confused receptionist wuman thought ( nay, was absolutely convinced ! ) that I was handing in a sample from the pregnant one !!
Both Doc. Tobias & I had to spell it out for her ,.,. and more than once ,,, that this was the infected woman's sample ,.,.., finally she grasped the situation ( or so she said ) and decided that maybe she should just change the coloured top on the bottle ,.,. or transfer the sample to a bottle with the required RED lid !! Oh Lord, give me strength to deal with the NHS ,.,. please !
I wouldn’t be the least surprised to get the all clear on Monday ,,,, ,.,. telling me that my wife is NOT pregnant !
Meantime more paracetamols and plenty fluids for the patient with ,.,.., eh, the unknown infection ,,,
And for me ? ,.,.., that'll be the Whisky fluid , just in case it turns out that she IS pregnant !!
Oh, and the infection is ok for a visiting pregnant daughter ,, he doesn't know what it is but he does know it's not contagious to her or the kids ,.,. !! Aye right ,.,. it's medicine ,, but not as we know it Jim !!

Anyway I went to the golf ,, I slipped on the ice and fell yet again ,, bang on the flat of my back ,, again ! Sore as hell ,,, again !
I had insisted to my wife before leaving that she phone me if she needed me ,..,,
but we made no contingency plan if I needed her !! or indeed if I fell and smashed the mobile phone under my bum !!

No comments: