Friday, April 17, 2009

Dougie has no clothes on !!

It’s been 5-days now ,.,.,. FIVE bloody days ,.,.
I’ve been Computerless all that time !
It’s like running about the streets naked ,, at my age !
It’s that bloody #1 son of mine ,,,, It must be all his fault !
He actually ‘phoned me up Thursday night .,,.
“Everything running ok now with your computer system Dad,the new TV set up etc?? “ he asked
“We’re off on holiday tomorrow morning ,,, ok ? “
Bastard ! if he’d just kept his mouth shut IT would never have noticed that he’d gone away for a long Easter holiday break .,,.,.
I, of course, would have ‘phoned his mobile on Sat morning .,,. First thing too !
It all went belly up Friday morning, ie, the minute he left the City ! .,.,
and after a day trying all I knew ,,, ok that’s not very much ,, but nevertheless I did try it all ! ,.,. Sat would have been the time ,,,, but his mother, the one who has her DS thingy to play with said “Oh no ,,, you can’t ‘phone him on his holiday ,,, For God’s sake just leave it ‘till he’s at least back at work “ ,.,. so there you have it ,,,
I've been running around the streets ballock naked since early morn Frid !
Not a sight I’d recommend if you haven’t had your breakfast !!
I did let the new son-in-law ( and daughter ) have a look ,.,.,. they laughed and suggested I buy a new computer !! You HAVE to upgrade your PC every 3-years they told me ,, and this one is banjaxed ,, ready for the skip !
Now I don’t know what went wrong ,,, it says a cable is disconnected somewhere ??
And I also know it’s a bit on the side of … shall we say ,, not young ?.,,.
It’s slow, yes ,,, not enough memory, ok ,,, doesn’t have MS Vista ( who needs it ? )
But I’ll lay odds , and good odds ,, that the #1 son will get it going again in no time ??
A simple wee blip ,,, just a bad time to have happened, that’s all.
Over to you my boy !! And hey, No more holidays, OK ?

HA, the Post Script :
Like I said ,,, two bloody minutes it took him, and not even a vist ,, all done in a flash on the 'phone .,,.
Does this work, does that work ? ,, Oh it's your Ethernet cable ,, try a new cable & it'll be ok ,,
Don't be daft son says I .,,.A faulty cable ? Impossible ,, why would a cable suddenly go Phuttt in the middle of the night ???
But of course he only got it in one ,, new cable & Voila ! Normal (slow) service resumed !
Smart wee bugger ,, must have his mother's genes !

No comments: