Friday, April 30, 2010

Does it really matter ?

This time round I have totally ignored all the Political hype surrounding the General Election.
I have not listened to one single party political broadcast nor did I watch any of the dumbed down USA styled leader confrontations. But sadly I haven't been able to miss the nightly NEWS updates !
However, after almost 50-years of voting I have finally come to the conclusion that it matters "not a jot" who is in power in this country. It will have no effect whatsoever on me whether Tory, Labour, LibDem or any other non event party become the next government.
As a sixty-something silver citizen I now firmly believe there is not a single politician ( in any party ) who is not in it for what they can get personally. The average Scottish / British Joe, like myself, will suffer a lifetime of traumas of unfair taxes, job insecurities and continual government rip offs, from womb to tomb. So why bother succumbing to their stupid nonsense ( have you seen the sickly news bulletins and watched them begging in public for votes ,,, OMG, Yuk, the lengths they'll go to .,., )
And as for wasting my valuable time ? ,,, Sorry, no more, get out of my face !
They are, as old Terry Thomas would have said ,, "an absolute shower !"
And I'll add ,, cheating, lying, thieving, tax dodging, unscrupulous, work-shy, useless scumbags.
Can I suggest a total boycott of the polling stations next week ?
No I didn't think so ,, never mind, in the years to come you young things will learn that old can indeed also be wise ?

2 comments:

Phyl said...

Interesting you've decided to boycott it without listening to or reading anything to do with the election.

The Scudder said...

As you know it's impossible not to hear what it's all about if you even just want to listen to the news ! You can't avoid it ,,, it's the (UK)National bloody sport !